Recent Storm Damage Posts
SERVPRO's Emergency READY Profile (ERP)
SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
How can you be prepared for a disaster when you never know when it will strike? SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen has just the tool for you!
Making a Disaster Plan with SERVPRO
SERVPRO is constantly looking for methods to make facility management easier for our customers. With the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP), you won't need to come up with a time-consuming plan from scratch.
Although a sprinkler malfunction or tenant fire seems hypothetical at some points, it's important to have a plan in place for when these accidents do happen. That's where our ERP's come in to save the day!
How does an ERP work?
One of our technicians will come to your building and perform a walkthrough. During this walkthrough, you will create a reference document that will details all of the vitals of the property, including contact information.
How is an ERP used?
That is entirely up to you! You may use our ERP as a standalone document or as a supplemental plan to any existing scheme you might have in place. As we know, timeliness is extremely important when it comes to any water, fire, or weather-related disaster to your business. As unpredictable as a disaster can be, our ERP is one thing you can set up before disaster hits.
By setting up your ERP, you will have experience professionals right by your side. Contact SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen to establish an ERP for your property.
No matter how big or small, SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen will be ready to ensure that damage occurred to your business will seem "Like it never even happened."
Call 952-999-2435 today for any inquiries!
We Weather Any Storm
SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen is Faster to Any Size Disaster.
As a 24/7 essential service business, we're here for you through any disaster.
Our capabilities range from water & fire to mold & storm damage.
SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen has been serving the entire region of Scott County for over two decades. We're locally owned and operated by Scott and his team of over 30 trained and certified technicians are here to help you.
What sets SERVPRO apart from others?
We are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week because we know that disasters don't follow the classic 9-5 schedule.
- We have advanced technology - from infrared cameras to 3D Property Scanning you can be confident that the damage to your home will be repaired correctly.
- We are capable of traveling anywhere - our Disaster Recovery Teams are strategically positioned around the U.S should a disaster strike near you. Our expertly trained technicians will be there when you need them.
- We provide aid from start to finish - when you call SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen for services, we pick up and respond promptly. Our main service is restoration, but we're capable of aiding in insurance claims and working with you to ease the stress - we know you're already going through a lot.
SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen provides Residential and Commercial Cleaning services.
Our standard of clean cannot be matched by any other company. We've created a specialty cleaning program called Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned that can help ease your mind during these uncertain times of a pandemic.
Have Questions? Call Today (952) 999-2435
Tips to Survive Winter and Storms
SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen technicians are highly trained to properly clean and restore your house so that it feels like home again.
Everyone has had the moment where they realize they are not prepared for the events at hand. Being unprepared for Winter is not only uncomfortable and miserable, but can be extremely dangerous. Listed below are a few hints on how to handle Winter and Storms.
Tips to Handle Winter & Storms
1. Frozen locks? Isopropyl alcohol, used in hand sanitizer, has the ability to lower the freezing point of water. Spray a little bit of this smelly substance on your lock and it should work to melt the ice within the lock in seconds.
2. Don't puff a cig or slam coffee before you go out shoveling. Stimulants such as coffee and cigarettes can add extra stress on the heart, raising blood pressure and your heart rate. These two stimulants, in addition to the exertion required to shovel, can lead to an increased chance of a heart attack.
3. Prepare your vehicle for cold weather. In case you get stranded, it is important to have supplies prepared to keep you warm. Matches, a candle, blankets, and some snacks will help aid in the process of avoiding disaster. Put extra clothing in your trunk as well as a flashlight, batteries, and a phone charger.
4. Are your shoes wet? After coming in from shoveling, your feet might be soaked. Stuff your shoes with newspaper in order to dry them faster so that you can have them for tomorrow.
5. Gas up. To keep the water in your gas tank from freezing it is recommended to keep your tank at least half full. This will help prevent you from becoming stranded and keep the fuel pump healthy.
6. Help! My car is stuck in the snow! Never cry for help again by keeping a bag of clay kitty litter in your car. Adding non-clumping cat litter to the base of your tires when you're stuck in deep snow or when you are slipping on ice will help your wheels gain traction.
7. Use your ceiling fans. As most of us know, heat rises. Flip your fan so that it pushes the hot air downwards, keeping you warm and your bill lower.
With these tips you'll be 7 steps ahead of the game this winter! Remember, if you come across any issues, SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen is here to help 24/7. Call 952-999-2435 today!
Storm Damage Cleanup Chaska & Chanhassen
Why Call a Local Chaska and Chanhassen Storm Damage Restoration Service?
When a storm tears through your business or your house, it's a tragic event that can cost you everything from memories to livelihood to your very shelter. It's vital that you have a service that knows how to help you get back on your feet. Learn why you should look for local Chaska and Chanhassen experts in storm damage cleanup and restoration to help you get your life back again.
Local Storm Damage Cleanup and Restoration
When you call a local storm damage restoration and cleanup service, you're getting not just expert work, but work from people who genuinely care. After all, a locally owned and operated company is part of your community. They're not just expert restoration technicians; they're your friends and neighbors and they have a vested interest in protecting the community.
Faster, More Personal Service
A local company also tends to offer faster, more personalized service than big conglomerates. At a service like SERVPRO, we can respond to any call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and be there with lightning speed to assess the damage and get you back on your feet in no time at all. That's because we live and work right around the corner.
Don’t Skimp on Expertise
You're not sacrificing ability or technology by using your local service, either. SERVPRO has expert, certified technicians in water, fire, mold and storm damage control, and we're ready to help you get back on your feet.
From drying out and cleaning the area to full reconstruction, we're ready to help. Call us today at 952-999-2435 to get your life back.
Prepare Your Chaska Property To Withstand Winter Storm Woes
Winter Damage is Costly
The relentless advance of sleet, snow, and ice can mean disaster for poorly-prepared property owners in Chaska, Chanhassen or the surrounding areas. Insurance experts note over half of all yearly claims presented in areas prone to wintery weather relate to damage caused by freezing forms of precipitation and cold temperatures.
Winter Damage Has Specific Manifestations
The "big three" types of weather events causing property loss, hurricanes, tornadoes, and snowstorms, trace much of the damage to high winds. We caution customers that winter storms and general seasonal conditions add significant condition-based risk factors.
- Extend exposure of plumbing and fixtures to freezing temperatures causes burst pipes and subsequent water damage.
- Snow-clogged gutters and downspouts plus warm air seepage due to inadequate insulation and incomplete joint seals create ice dams that allow meltwater to enter the roofline.
- The cumulative weight of snow and ice leads to the weakening or collapse of roofing and other structural components, especially when the snowpack is dense and has high water content.
Winter Damage Can Fall Outside Coverage Parameters
Of concern to property owners digging out after a winter storm is whether your insurer covers the damage presented. Basic "named peril" policies limit claim coverage to specific causations, including windstorms, hail. fire, lightning, or explosions. A careful review of the base policy and additional coverage provided thru riders needs completion long before the winter winds blow. The examination of the insurance documents line by line reveals whether damage due to the weight of frozen precipitation or the migration of moisture into a building following repetitive melting and freezing cycles is underwritten.
If winter weather damages your property despite your best efforts to prepare, one call to SERVPRO of Chaska Chanhassen delivers a high-qualified team of disaster recovery specialists fast. Our technicians are prepared to secure your property after a snowstorm, and then mitigate and remediate the harm quickly and to the highest industry standards. Call us at 952-999-2435.
Winter Damage Prevention Strategies in Chaska/Chanhassen
Winter Damage Prevention Strategies
Even with the most comprehensive insurance coverage possible, being proactive with property maintenance and repairs is much preferable to proceeding to repairs and restoration. Home and business owners in the Chaska or Chanhassen area can use a range of strategies to minimize or avoid winter storm damage.
- Keep gutters clear year-round.
- Check or upgrade insulation in attic/upper levels.
- Seal cracks in exterior walls and weather-strip drafty windows and doors.
- Trim trees and other vegetation around the building.
- Wrap insulation around pipes on exterior walls and in basements and crawl spaces.
- Open closets and cabinets to facilitate the circulation of warm air during cold snaps.
- Allow water to drip from faucets to maintain flow.
- Monitor the depth of rooftop snow and make arrangements to remove excess.
Extreme & Changing Weather Patterns are Everywhere
Snow-related concerns are not always limited to the traditional cold-weather belt. Record breaking low temperatures and unexpected snowfall totals are in the news constantly. We recommend that property owners everywhere be aware of and prepare for the risks of unusual bouts of freezing and snowy weather.
A trusted leader in the restoration industry, SERVPRO of Chaska Chanhassen has the expertise needed to undo the damage done by winter storms. For questions or to schedule service call us at 951-999-2435. We are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.