Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you think you may have a mold issue in your home or business, please give us a call! Our first step is always to ask questions and try to get a better sense of the potential problem. Many times we can give a customer guidance on the phone and save them from having to have a contractor come out for an inspection.
In the cases where you do need professional help, our IICRC Certified technicians are available, sometimes the same day.
Until help arrives, below are some tips on not only what to do but what not to do.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (952) 999-2435
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Chaska / Chanhassen for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Chaska / Chanhassen has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Norwood Young America