Step 2: Inspection and Water Damage Assessment
Our Water Damage Restoration Process
Once we arrive at your property, we will immediately take steps to limit secondary damage by:
- Identifying the source of the water – a broken pipe, a burst frozen pipe, an overflowing tub, a broken sprinkler head, etc.
- Identifying the type of water that caused the damage – clean water or dirty water
- Inspecting the premises to determine how much damage has been done – what equipment and processes will be needed to complete water damage mitigation
As our certified technicians perform their initial inspection, they will be available to answer any questions you may have about the water damage issues. In addition, they will discuss with you their findings and begin to create a plan. To assist with the water damage issues, our technicians are equipped with the latest in technology including thermal cameras, carpet probes, and moisture meters.
After all issues have been discovered and your questions have been answered, we will begin water mitigation efforts.
Call SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen at 952-999-2435, you won’t regret using a company that cares for their customers like we do!
Identify and Stop the Water Source
We will check for the source of moisture in your home or business. The source must be stopped before any restoration or drying of the building can be successful.
- Stop the Source
- Check for Contaminated Water
Identify the Type of Water
We will identify the category and classification of water damage to ensure our professionals restore your property based on industry guidelines. The level of contamination of the water will affect the specific restoration processes we use.
- Category 1: "Clean Water"
- Category 2: "Gray Water"
- Category 3: "Black Water"
Survey the Extent of the Water Damage and Inspect the Premises
We inspect and test to determine the extent of damage and how far the moisture has traveled to ensure proper and complete restoration. In addition, we will inspect for safety concerns that may be evident. If there are any safety issues like lead or asbestos, please bring them to our attention.
- Survey Damage
- Complete Safety Inspection
Move or Block Furniture
We move furniture and property contents and block items to help prevent rust or furniture stains on wet carpet.
- Block Furniture