Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
In a typical water damage, over 80% of the water can be removed by extraction. At SERVPRO of Chaska/Chanhassen, we have several truck mounted extraction machines as well as portable extractors to ensure that we remove the water as quickly as possible.
If there are damaged contents in the area we also have the resources to inventory, pack out and store contents in our 19,000 SF facility.
To properly restore both your home and its contents - speed is key. The longer water sits the more damage it does. That is why our team is on call 24/7 and ready to respond to any sized disaster!
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Chaska / Chanhassen can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.